Saturday, April 13, 2013

Are You Listening?



It's another weekend, proceeded by another week of no news.  Weekends are hard. The silence is madding and filled with wonderings of why, still, no news. But this Saturday morning there was a voice in the silence.

So many in our world do not believe God is real or if they do, that He really cares. They close their eyes to things they see or hear and turn from Him instead of to Him.  He is always there, even when all we hear is silence. He is in the wonders around us. He is in the day to day. He is in the things that rock our world.  He is in the little note from a friend. He is everywhere. But are we looking? Are we listening?

This Saturday He was there as I sat at the kitchen table with my cup of coffee. Sitting and thinking of how to spend the next two days. How do I fill the weekend so that I don't dwell on the thought that there was no news and won't be for the next few day?. How to I fill the weekend so that I am  redeeming the time with my family as it is now before it changes? How do I get up and fold the laundry when I don't care how high it's piled? How do I do it when I just want it over and Monday to be here?

And there was God. In the note of a friend. In the sunshine on my face. In the pages of a devotional I didn't want to read.

"WHEN I GIVE YOU no special guidance, stay where you are.Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you.The Joy of My Presence will shine on you, as you do everything for Me.Thus you invite Me into every aspect of your life.Through collaborating with Me in all things, you allow My Life to merge with yours.This is the secret not only of joyful living but also of victorious living.I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment, recognizing that apart from Me you can do nothing.

Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening.Instead of being bored by the last of action, use times of routine to seek My Face.Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms.Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day."  ~Jesus Calling

He loves me. He answered my questions.

He loves you. He is speaking to you too. Are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment