Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Battles, disappointment, and peace


This past week God has had a lot to say to me about a few things. We have had many many conversations. Some with tears, some with questions, some with doubts, some with pleading, some with smiles and all with thanks. Its been a really hard week for me in my soft squishy mama heart and my hard headed brain. There is a battle going on. I want to DO something to aid the adoption process. I want God to MOVE mountains. I want to please OTHERS. I want to please GOD. I want things to happen NOW. I want God's TIMING. I want to POUR out my heart but don't want disappointment. I want miracles from God WITHOUT asking or risk.

The parent/child interview at the US Embassy did not happen and the US Embassy is not responding to requests for another appointment. Our Adoption Coordinator is going to call the State Department to have them put pressure on the embassy. He said it is not uncommon and that we shouldn't worry.

In addition, it will be another two to three weeks before the names of the 100 families who received dispensations from President Martelly are released. There are still about 400 on his desk waiting for his signature. So there is a small chance we are one of the 100 and a chance we are still waiting. So no bad news. But it still saddened me to hear; it's just not the news we wanted to hear.

I know God is shaking his head sometimes and saying, "precious child when will you learn?" He must feel so frustrated with me at times. But luckily He loves me truly and deeply and during these scrimmages within my self He will whisper in my ears. That middle ground between my heat and mind. And with His precious words He will cease the swinging of the swords and the blasting of the cannons and my heart and mind will bow their heads and obey Him.

Some of you are on the same journey of adoption we are. Some of you are facing much more trying and difficult times. Some are in the trenches of the everyday grind. But the words He has whispered in my ear are not just for me. They are for us all and for all our situations. We are all His children, whom He loves. Stop and listen. Do you hear His soft voice?
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. ~ Philippians 1:6
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. ~ Ephesians 3:20
Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. ~ Philippians 4:6
God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose. ~ Romans 8:28
and then this morning...
"Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events. If you want to stay close to me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down,and enjoy the journey in my Presence."~from the book, "Jesus Calling"

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I really, really needed to hear that, especially the last quote. Thank you so much for sharing. I know the road is long and hard, but it is so nice to have those times where we do feel at peace with the journey.

    ReplyDelete