Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Dear Little Far-Away Valentine


My Dear Little Far-Away Valentine,

I am missing you today, just like everyday. I know today is really just another day, but as I watch your little brother and sister I wish away. I you were here eating a silly valentine's breakfast. I wish you were here to smell the sweet flowers. I wish you were here cutting, and gluing a huge pile of red and pink paper. I wish you were here, paint on your clothes and marker on your fingers. I wish I could squeeze and tell you I love you. I wish I could make you smile and giggle.

Soon.

Until then, know your mama is praying for you. Every holiday, every season, every month, every week, every Thursday, every Monday and every day in between. I am praying that you smiled. I am praying that you are safe. I am praying for your belly to be full and your heart to be content. I am praying that you giggled and shared a hug with a friend. I am praying you know we are missing you and love you so. I am praying the time apart is coming to a close. I am praying we've seen the last valentine's day separated by long and lonely miles.

Happy Valentine's Day, Precious Butterfly.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment