The dossier (dossier = big stack of important and expensive adoption documents) has been checked, double-checked, prayed over and kissed good-bye! It will be on someone's desk by Monday morning.
Once there, it will be looked over with a fine tooth comb, checked that all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed, put through an acid test, gone the whole nine yards, and translated into French! When all that is done, it will be on its way over the waters of the Atlantic Ocean to Haiti where it will team up with Nephtali's dossier.
CCAI said yesterday that they located and received Nephtali's birth certificate and the rest of the paperwork from the old lawyer when we started before! (PRAISE GOD it was found!) It is as complete as it can be at this point. There will be a few more things needed for her dossier that can't be done until our paperwork is there. But as of right now no problems are expected.
Once the two dossiers are completed they become one and then the long wait for it to go through four different government hands begins. This is where the days turn into weeks, and the weeks months (and sometimes months into... well, you know), waiting for word that she is ours.
Today as I was reading Scripture,I read Isaiah 45:2
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron"
As our journey continues and we travel a little further down the road with Faith as our close friend and traveling buddy, what a joy it is to know our Lord goes before us and prepares the way!!
We would be grateful for prayers that:
- Our dossier arrives in Colorado safe and sound
- The critical review, translation, and legalization is quick and seamless.
- We have not overlooked anything, and that there will not need to be any changes, addendums, or further paperwork
- Our dossier arrives in Haiti safe and sound
- We arrive in Haiti safe and sound (when we go there later this summer to sign a very important piece of paper)
- Our dossier moves quickly and without problems through the four different IBESR offices.
Thank you so much. We will keep you posted.